Monday, October 7, 2013

Let's Talk Conference

In the Bible we learn about ancient prophets, Noah, Moses, Adam and Jonah to list a few (there are a lot more than that).  In the New Testament, the Savior often quotes Isaiah (another prophet) and after the Crucifixion of Jesus Christ, Peter and the other Apostles led the Church and continued to spread it among other nations.  Just as in times of old, members of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints believe in prophets and apostles (See the 6th Article of Faith, here).  Our current prophet is Thomas S. Monson, and we also have twelve apostles and other leaders.
Thomas S. Monson
Though we receive counsel and teaching from the prophet and his apostles throughout the year, twice a year (in April and October) we have a special church meeting called General Conference.  Over two days and six meetings, members of the church are taught from various leaders of the Church.  None of the speakers are assigned a topic but choose their own after much prayer and thought.  As a result, topics can greatly vary or they can be someone similar depending on what people talk about.
The October session of conference happened this past weekend and it was amazing.  While the last October session of conference brought about the age change for missionaries, this most recent conference (in my opinion) was one of the best conferences I've ever heard.  Now that could be because I've been preparing for my mission, because I actually paid close attention to each speaker or just because conference in and of itself was awesome.  I think it's a combination of all three.  And now, thanks to Pinterest, I'm going to share some of my favorite conference quotes:


Check out the rest of President Monson's talk, here.

Elder Ochoa's talk is here

I loved Elder Dube's talk! (See it here)

Elder Holland's talk was amazing (it always is).  It's amazing the second time around too (here).

Pres. Uchtdorf is a personal favorite to listen to as well (see it here)

To watch or rewatch conference head over to the Church website (here)
To see more creative Pinterest quotes check out the board I found these off of (I'll admit I don't have my own Pinterest, but you can check out the General Conference: Quotes here)



No comments:

Post a Comment