Monday, October 20, 2014

october 17th- ONE YEAR!

1 year.... who would have thought the time would fly by so quickly/  Okay so for me it was quick... especially since I've spent 6 months in my current area... and October is 1/2 over and the transfer ends in 2 weeks (so Monday the 27th I will be emailing.... just for a heads up).  

So this week, actually Sunday night, one of the most devastating things happened.  I lost my planner.  It fell out of my lap onto the ground as I was getting out of the car, and then we believe it blew away...  Now I think you have to be a missionary to truly understand, but yeah, for about 12 hours, it was devastating, and then I got over it, found a notebook and converted it into my planner for 2 more weeks.   But as I reflected on planners in general, it finally started to hit me what 6 months means.... and then that was devastating.  But again, it was short lived because missionary work had to be done.  

But since I lost my planner, my recollection for what happened last week is going to be lacking.  But I do remember that we spent a lot of time teaching less active members, and we spent some time finding.  

Miracles that happened:
-one of our former investigators came to church!  And we set up an appointment with him.  We had lunch with him and his wife yesterday and it was awesome!
-we had spent the last couple weeks trying to get back in contact with a family that we stopped teaching.  Sunday out of the blue, the wife texted us and invited us over Monday.  We had an AMAZING lesson last night!  Miracles exist, God loves us and his Children are prepared!  That's how I was feeling last night, hopefully y'all can vicariously feel the same.
-we had extra time last night and we decided to swing by a couple investigators whom we haven't seen in a while.  Well, one of them wasn't home and the other was!  We had an awesome lesson, invited them to church and she said she'd come!  We're seeing them again tomorrow and so hopefully it goes well!  
-we have a new ward mission leader!!!!!!!
-exchanges were amazing!  I went over the mountain with Hna P and we had a great time together, teaching, finding, etc.  
-we have a lot of potential investigators that we get to meet this week and hopefully start teaching!

I just want to let you all know that I love you and that I am so happy.  That's one thing I came to realize this week, even with everything hard going on, with people not progressing or listening, I am doing to Lord's work and I am happy.  There is really no way to describe the feelings one can get from the Lord for doing the right things.  But happy or in Spanish, estoy contenta.  I know that Jesus Christ is my Savior and that through him all things can be made right.  I know that he loves me and cares about me individually.  And I know that through truly following the Gospel of Jesus Christ I can truly be happy.  

No comments:

Post a Comment