Sunday, December 7, 2014

November 25th

This week I am thankful for tights and jackets.  The temperatures are dropping again, thought we did have one day at 70+ degrees.  

I am thankful for exchanges and the opportunities I have to meet and work with other sisters in the zone.  We saw many miracles during our exchange last week, one of which was a new investigator named B.

I am thankful for B.  Seriously though.  She's a little crazy but really loveable.  She called us last week asking us to pick up her medicine, which we did.  And then she called us while on exchanges asking us to pick her up and take her to get her ID (which we can't...) and we explained we couldn't and she then told us that she had been researching missionaries on the internet and there were lot's of definitions and she wanted to know what we did.  SO we had a lesson, and we're excited to teach her some more.  

I am thankful for green enchiladas.  Had some really tasty ones last night.

I am grateful for Zone Conference.  We had the amazing opportunity to go to a 5 zone. zone conference on Saturday and it was just incredible to feel the Spirit and to learn and grow so much!

I am grateful for General Authorities.  Elder Corbridge of the seventy was there and he trained us on helping people realize the big picture and to gain knowledge as we teach.  Knowledge such as what is the most important thing we can receive in this life and in the next.

I am grateful for the gift of the Holy Ghost to guide us and help us choose the right, so that we can return to live with God again and have Eternal life.

I am grateful for Mormon messages.

I am grateful for Spanish.

I am grateful for Christmas.mormon.org and for the effort the church is putting in this Christmas season to help everyone focus more on Jesus Christ.

I am grateful when the ward pianist shows up for church so I only have to play in Primary and not primary and sacrament meeting.

I am grateful for a companion who is not trunky even though she's going home in 2 weeks.  We went to help some other very trunky sisters yesterday and it was slightly painful on how they didn't really want to be doing anything. (trunky is missionary speak for mentally at home. like they couldn't unload all of the world from their trunk. Talking about celebrities, movies they want to see, etc)

I am thankful for pdays to write family, even though I'm doing it late :).  

I'm grateful for family history centers that are open because the libraries are closed.

I'm grateful for baby showers/surprise opportunities to serve and help others.

I'm thankful for opportunities to wrap a member of the ward up in toilet paper at a baby shower. 

I'm thankful for creamy carrot and sweet potato soup.  

I'm thankful for the sister missionaries who share their blender to make the really good soup.

I'm thankful for p-day activities to get macaroons at the El Paso famous Bakery.


I'm grateful for all of you and the wonderful support you give me.  I love surprise packages in the mail and knowing that even if I can't see you, you're always there to support me :)

And most of all, I am so grateful for my mission and for the chance that I have to change the world, one person at a time, and starting with me!  

I am so grateful for the Gospel of Jesus Christ and for the things that he did for me so that I can return to live with him.

I am so grateful for Christmas and the chance that I have to have a second christmas in the mission.  People's hearts are open and ready to learn the Gospel and I get to be a part of it!  Especially with the new program the Church is doing with "He is the Gift"  what an wonderful opportunity we have to share what we know to be true!  

No comments:

Post a Comment