Thursday, February 19, 2015

February 3rd 2015

I can't believe that it's already February.  I'm turning sooooooo old this week.  I can't believe that either.  I never dreamed that I'd actually be turning 21 on my mission... I thought that it would be me turning 21 and then possibly going on a mission.  But the Lord definitely knows best, because the mission is the best thing I could have done for me.  I'm being selfish when I say that, but it's true.  My vision for myself, as I've served, has changed and while I sometimes have no idea what I'm actually going to do with my life in 2 1/2 months, that's alright.
 
Our week last week was slow.  Like really slow.  People didn't keep their appointments, potentials we met who said we could come back, were never home and didn't answer their phones, members canceled on coming out with us and that pretty much happened all week.  It's frustrating because I feel like we're trying everything, yet we're still lacking and so I don't know what to do. 
 
Miracles still exist though.
-we got in contact with investigators we haven't seen in a while and set up a return appointment
-F is all set for his baptism this week!!!!
-our recent convert came to the relief society activity (actually several of them were there!)
-the relief society is focusing on assigning visiting teachers (yay!)
-we were invited and actually went to ward council!  And it was very productive (for the first half... but still productivity was there)
-we had an awesome lesson with M and his fellowshippers
-met some really cool people (that we're still trying to get in contact with... but at least we met them :) )
 
This week is going to be a great week.  The weather is nicer, F is getting baptized and we have 2 birthdays to celebrate!  We're also getting a new phone which will make it easier to communicate with people.  Our current phone broke... oops.  (I promise it was nothing we did...)  While things aren't going the way we exactly planned them, it's still a great opportunity to learn and to grow.  And to keep trying.  And that's what I'm planning on doing! 

No comments:

Post a Comment