Thursday, February 19, 2015

January 21st 2015

This week was slow, but it wasn't bad.  And then on Monday I feel like everything hit us.
 
Saturday the V family cancelled their appointment because they were going to Juarez for the weekend.  Monday we called to set an appointment (we were doing weekly planning) and they dropped us.  (Emily elaborated here, but for the privacy of her investigators and the members in El Paso, it doesn't need to be shared) 
 
So Monday I was frustrated and sad, and yesterday I was mad because the ward mission leader seemed like he didn't really care that our most progressing investigator just dropped us.  And this morning while driving I listened to President Uchtdorf's talk, "Come Join with Us."  The Lord works in mysterious ways, and that was the answer to my frustration.  We are a perfect gospel run by imperfect people who make mistakes.  And being truly converted to the Gospel means being able to look past the mistakes of others, especially if they're leaders.  We can't expect ourselves to be perfect all of the time, so why are we sometimes holding people to a higher standard?
 
So since coming to this ward, something I've really been trying to develop and strengthen is my support and respect for leaders even when I think they make really poor decisions.  When I studied charity a couple weeks ago, I learned that having charity is learning to see things from the other person's point of view.  And that has helped me a lot as I focus on what others might be thinking and why they did what they did. 
 
We're focusing a lot right now on finding.  And I'm hoping our diligence will pay off!  I hope you all have a wonderful week and that you love the Northwest and the Seahawk crazy!  Go hawks :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment