Saturday, March 21, 2015

March 17th 2015

Last week we went on exchanges.  I and think it was the best exchanges I've ever been on (no offense to my other sister training leaders...) we just had so much fun and we learned a lot!  Sis Watkins is going to BYU next fall too, and so we just decided we're going to try to room together.  I don't think I've laughed as much or as hard as we did together.  And we saw lots of miracles too!  We were able to talk to a lot of people outside on the streets and we received and contacted several referrals!  It was awesome!

Last Friday Hna Torres woke up sick.  And then stayed sick Friday, Saturday and Sunday.  It was the worse thing ever.  For her and me.  By the middle of Saturday I had read all the church magazines in the apartment, updated our area book, cleaned the dishes and then some more.  By sunday, I had cleaned our vacuum, had finished Helaman and was memorizing my scripture for zone conference.  Luckily we had some young women that were willing to do splits with us and so I got a quick break sunday afternoon to go out and contact people.  And then the university ward sisters did splits so I could go to sacrament (M came! We haven't seen him in 2 weeks!!!!! Yet he still came to church).  And then the sister training leaders came later Sunday night so that I could go to a baptismal interview/lesson.  F passed his interview.... now please pray that nothing happens this week that will impede him getting baptized!

Monday morning Hna Torres woke up feeling a little better... and so off to zone conference we went.  She slept through most of it, but by the end (and after a blessing) she's made a remarkable recovery and we're back to business!  We had an amazing zone conference yesterday focusing on answering questions of the soul and listening to/receiving the Holy Ghost in our lives.  It just makes me want to go out there and know the scriptures better and listen to the Holy Ghost better so that I really can teach to the needs of others and help them progress in their relationship with our Heavenly Father.

And part of what we saw at zone conference was a new video by the church called "He Lives."  It's part of a new initiative that the church is doing (similar to the Christmas one but for Easter) and it's focused on how this time is more than just a time to celebrate the Easter bunny, but the resurrection of our Savior Jesus Christ.  I know that my savior lives and that because he lives, my potential is endless.  I can learn, I can progress, I can be forgiven of my mistakes, I can grow from past mistakes.  And the best part is that this is available for everyone too.  Not just me, but for anyone who really wants it.  It's that amazing :)

2 comments:

  1. hi good post...

    good articel...thanks for sharing

    allow me to make a backlink of my youtube
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D3u22G95JXw

    ReplyDelete