Tuesday, March 31, 2015

March 31st 2015 (THE FINAL MISSION POST)

Yes, it is true! This is the last blog post from yours truly, Mary, while Emily is away! She has 14 days left until she comes home, so she will email one more time, but I will be out of town, so she will post it when she gets home! Its crazy how quickly 18 months flys by, isnt it?

Last week was a normal missionary week.  We contacted lots of referrals, we received lots of referrals, we taught lessons, we had members cancel on us, we had investigators cancel on us.  Yep, normal. 

But even normal weeks have miracles.

1. General Women's conference.  I hope you all watched it.  And if you didn't, go watch it NOW.  We are so blessed to have the opportunity twice a year to listen to the voices of leaders inspired by God to help us.  My favorite talk was that of Sister Oscarson.  She is incredible!  We were able to watch the conference session in SPANISH (it's a good thing I understand Spanish or else I would have been completely lost.) with some of our less active sisters and it was just so amazing.

2.  B set another baptismal date.  She knows that everything is true, but she's struggling to change because her brother is a pastor of another church.  So this week her recently baptized grandson came with us to a lesson, shared his testimony, told her that his mom (B's daughter) was getting baptized and B said she's going to be baptized the same day.  And then she kissed him on the head.

3. We showed up to church on sunday and I was informed I had to play the piano for sacrament meeting.  Well, I prayed throughout the whole meeting because while I'm really good a sight reading songs, playing them for the congregation is another matter.  But it worked out, the Atonement is real in helping make up your differences.

4. We found members to come with us to lessons, even if it was last minute.  That is a big miracle. 

5.  I had my departure interview with President Miller yesterday.  It's good, all is good.  We talked about how one phase ends so that another can begin.  What a blessing it has been for me to serve as a missionary.  I love it so much and I know that I have changed so much.  :)

I hope everyone is preparing for Easter and General Conference this weekend.  How special will it be to have both this weekend, because we get to be even more fed by the spirit!  Because Jesus Christ is our Savior and he lives we have the ability to do anything.  He can help us over come all our sins and weaknesses.  All because he loves us.  And because he loves us even more, he's given us living day prophets to help us and guide us and to keep us in line.  I AM SO EXCITED FOR GENERAL CONFERENCE!!!!!!!!!!  I hope you're that excited too.

1 comment: