Friday, July 17, 2015

Last email home

4/13/15
Words cannot describe how I'm feeling right now.  I'm excited to go home and see you all again, and I'm excited to head back to school but I feel like I'm leaving so much behind.  So much of me, and so many wonderful people who have changed my life for the better are here in El Paso.

Mom wanted me to email today so that I could share my testimony with you all, but I feel like I've been sharing it all along :).

I know that I made the right choice to go and serve a mission.  My life has been changed for the better.  I know that Jesus Christ is my Savior and this past week I've really come to understand what it means to rely on the Atonement.  I know that I couldn't have made it through this past week without the Atoning power and just being able to rely on someone else and have Him help me through.

I know the church is true.  With or without me, God's work is going to move on and I've made the decision to be part of it.  I know that Christ established a church when he was on the earth and that through Joseph Smith that same church was restored.  I know that we have living prophets today on the earth that lead and guide us. 

I know that the Book of Mormon is true.  I know that it was written by ancient prophets and that just like the bible it will help us learn the teachings of Christ to return to live with him again.  I love the Bible too.  That's something that I've really grown to love and understand as I've been on my mission.

I know that in this Church we are given opportunities to serve and to grow and learn.  I am so grateful for an organization built upon service and for the chances that I have to go out and serve others.

Before my mission I had a testimony of all these things.  But as I've been a missionary my testimony has been strengthened, and I have learned more than knowing, I have learned to do.  I have learned how to more fully keep my covenants.

I love this church.  I love this Gospel, I love being a missionary.  And while that is coming to an end, I really am excited to move on to the next part of my adventure.  It seems like life never really slows down, and that's alright with me.  I'm going to keep on doing what I learned in the mission- trust in God and follow his answers when you get one.  And the best part is that I still get to be a missionary... :) a member missionary that is....

I love you all and I'll see you this week :)

Love

Hna Hendricks

8 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing such a superb Post .... Keep Sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow what a blog, really informative. Keep sharing.
    If you to travel around the world. Get best holiday apartment at one place. Please see holiday apartment rentals

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice post. thanks for the shared it with us. cotton yarn

    ReplyDelete
  4. PORTUGAL IS A HIGHLY RACIST AND XENOPHOBIC COUNTRY!

    DO NOT SPEND YOUR HARD, EARNED MONEY VISITING THERE,
    OR DOING BUSINESS WITH PORTUGAL!!!

    PORTUGAL = RACISM 100%

    VISIT THESE SITES TO BE INFORMED ABOUT RACIST PORTUGUESE:

    http://portugalisaracistcountry.blogspot.ca/

    http://portugalisxenophobic.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks a lot for pushing me! Really kind of you! :) http://ytsuccess.weebly.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. kristen@mail.postmanllc.net

    ReplyDelete
  7. Its wonderful, looking at the time and effort you put into your weblog and detailed information you provide.
    escape games
    new escape games
    Point and click games
    free online escape games
    online escape games

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ankara'nin en iyi kurye sirketi olan
    kurye ankara hizmette
    sinir tanimiyor...

    ReplyDelete